Born in Wroclaw Poland in 1972.
Childhood memories vary between everyday struggles like having to line up at the shop for two hours to buy butter. To being brought up in a household that never went without anything.
Both my parents are highly educated and had very successful careers in Poland.
My father traveled between countries and hence I always had stuff that was not available in Poland in the 1970's. I will never forget taking the first can of coke to school....no one had seen a can like that before...these are things our kids here take for granted.
Towards the end of the 1970's things got tougher in Poland, it all seemed like the Russians will have more control, a number of people considered immigration. This was not that easy.
I will never forget when my parents said we very going to Greece for the summer break...this seemed normal as we often went away for holidays. Little did I know it was going to be the last time I saw my friends and other members of the family for many years to come.
A few suitcases in the car, my young brother sitting next to me as we left on the biggest journey of our life.
We never made it to Greece we actually drove to Austria to Trieskiechen refugee camp where we gave all our papers and hoped to get accepted by Australia as immigrants.
Sunday, January 2, 2011
After reflecting on 2010 one must reset goals for 2011. This process, although many people do it is actually quite difficult to put on paper...hence so far I have come up with these...
- refocus on me....I must allocate a time where I actually close off from immediate environment and just have time for me
- invest my time wisely so that after my normal job ( which keeps the kids fed and the banks off my back) I focus on expanding my new business ideas.
- as I am not a spring chicken any more, I need to include exercise in my weekly activities so that I can loose 6kg.
- reevaluate my financial status and get some things under control
- help my reps in to achieve their targets
- drink more water!!
- spend more quality time with my family
- de-clutter my life!!
Friday, December 31, 2010
In order to set goals for 2011, I would firstly like to reflect on 2010
2011.....this is the year!!
- wow...what a challenging year!!
- work...work...work and more work
- accepting that some things will never change and letting go and going with the flow
- the cup is half full and not half empty
- believing in myself and my abilities
- learning not to give.. give... give all the time
- looking at my 9 year old son....and seeing him slowly transform to a little man...
- looking at my 4 year old baby girl and watching her become herself....scary!!
- realising that I have known my husband for more years of my life than not....
- seeing loved ones at 77 years+ and watching them struggle to accept that they are not as young as they used to be
- eliminating negative people from my life
- loving my parents for who they are....listening however not always acting on their advise
- skiing in the crisp white snow with sun shinning as I go.....my sacred space of relaxation
- helping people to shine in their element
- best tool "google"
- understanding family
- visiting Vegas...wow!!
- nobody is perfect, we all have our own skeletons
- Going to the opera in Wroclaw......memories of childhood
2011.....this is the year!!