nadi

nadi
listen

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"I am not an adventurer by choice but by fate"

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My story - Part one

Born in Wroclaw Poland in 1972.
Childhood memories vary between everyday struggles like having to line up at the shop for two hours to buy butter. To being  brought up in a household that never went without anything.
Both my parents are highly educated and had very successful careers in Poland.
My father traveled between countries and hence I always had stuff that was not available in Poland in the 1970's. I will never forget taking the first can of coke to school....no one had seen a can like that before...these are things our kids here take for granted.
Towards the end of the 1970's things got tougher in Poland, it all seemed like the Russians will have more control, a number of people considered immigration. This was not that easy.
I will never forget when my parents said we very going to Greece for the summer break...this seemed normal as we often went away for holidays. Little did I know it was going to be the last time I saw my friends and other members of the family for many years to come.
A few suitcases in the car, my young brother sitting next to me as we left on the biggest journey of our life.
We never made it to Greece we actually drove to Austria to Trieskiechen refugee camp where we gave all our papers and hoped to get accepted by Australia as immigrants.

No comments:

Post a Comment